Analysis Core: Description
Analysis Core members consist of Anita Stewart, PhD; Anna Nápoles, PhD, MPH and Steven Gregorich, PhD.
The Analysis Core of the CADC is the unit of the Center that focuses on identifying, developing, and promoting appropriate instrumentation and methodology that helps investigators describe, understand determinants of, and reduce disparities in health and health care among diverse older adults.
- Advance development of concepts and measures of determinants of health and health care disparities in diverse groups of older adults.
- Increase availability of self-report measures for which there is evidence of conceptual and psychometric adequacy and equivalence in diverse populations, for use in health disparities and minority aging research.
- Advance development of methods for conducting research in health and health care disparities, especially in older adults.
- Provide methodological guidelines for translating/adapting behavioral interventions to reduce health disparities.
- Provide resources to help investigators locate measures of health and its determinants and quality of care for use in minority aging research.